The Hollies Logo

Bookkeeping and Accounting Services In Shropshire

Call 01743 790086 Email

How do you claim the fifth SEISS?

How do you claim the fifth SEISS?

To claim the fifth SEISS grant, you need to find out where to find the turnover figures you’ll need before you claim.

You’ll need to tell HMRC about your turnover if you traded in 2019 to 2020 as well as any of the following tax years:

Turnover includes the takings, fees, sales or money earned or received by your business.

Before you claim

You must:

  1. Work out your April 2020 to April 2021 turnover.
  2. Find your turnover from either 2019 to 2020 or 2018 to 2019 to use as a reference year.

You’ll need to have both figures ready when you make your claim.

How to work out your April 2020 to April 2021 turnover

You need to work out your turnover for a 12-month period, starting on any date from 1 to 6 April 2020.

You can use one of the following periods:

You should check that your figure is accurate. HMRC will be able to check your figures after you submit your tax return for this period.

Your figure must include the turnover from all of your businesses.

Where to find your turnover figures

You can:

What not to include

Anything reported as any other income on your tax return. You should also not include any coronavirus (COVID-19) support payments, for example:

What not to include:

You should visit the government website to find out more about the following scenarious:

Find a previous year’s turnover to use as a reference year

In most cases, you must use the turnover reported in your 2019 to 2020 tax return as a reference year. The figure needs to be:

Your 12-month period does not need to start in April.

If 2019 to 2020 was not a normal year for your business, you can use the turnover reported in your 2018 to 2019 tax return. Your records should show how 2019 to 2020 was not a normal year for you. For example, if you:

This is certainly a complicated procedure, but if you are engaging a bookkeeper or accountant to look at this for you, they will know what to look for and how to file it.

You can contact us here at The Hollies Bookkeeping Services which covers Shropshire, Wales and the Midlands on 01743 790086 or email us at