Construction Industry Scheme
The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) sets out the rules for how payments to subcontractors for construction work must be handled by contractors in the construction industry.
The scheme applies mainly to contractors and subcontractors in mainstream construction work, however businesses or organisations whose core activity isn’t construction but have a high annual spend on construction may also count as contractors and fall under the scheme.
With effect from 6th April 2007 the above Construction Industry Scheme comes into being. Subcontractors will need to register with HRMC. We are here to help you through this new legislation with all its implications, with convenience, security and speed being the main benefits.
- We offer a complete compliant Construction Industry Scheme solution for all of your Sub Contractors.
- We take the responsibility from you.
- Verify your Sub Contractors and deduct the correct tax.
- Send in monthly returns to the Inland Revenue on time.
- Therefore no penalties for late returns.
- Issue your sub contractors with monthly statements.
- File annual returns on line to the Inland Revenue.
Contact us for free and impartial advice on the Construction Industry Scheme.